What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac

What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac

Looking for:

Microsoft office 2016 installer.pkg wont open free 













































     


- Office Mac - Install Package will not launch - Microsoft Community



 

I am an IT professional, and am trying to fix an Office Professional installation on a user's computer. This user had gotten some malware on her computer, so I wiped her computer, reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 from a Dell recovery drive. I installed Office , and it was working okay. A few days after I deployed the PC, the user called to say that Word wouldn't open her documents. When I logged on her computer to take a look, sure enough Word was throwing an error about a.

Check registry for any leftover Office settings. This last time, it installed, I opened Excel. Excel opened, and I successfully activated the Office install with the product key. I tried to open a document, and Excel crashed. I ran set up again. If I try to open PowerPoint, I get this error: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. I mean. If I try to open Word, I get this error: The code execution cannot proceed because. DLL was not found.

Reinstalling the program my fix this problem. My customer has been unable to work on her computer all day. It looks like Windows 10 installed its big update between the time I deployed the computer and the time office stopped working. Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. City ManagerTangent. I have tried all the things Google and I can find to fix this.

If I try to open Publisher, nothing happens. Access, The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Outlook, nothing happens OneNote, The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.

I have the same question Report abuse. Details required :. Cancel Submit. Other things I did: uninstall Adobe Reader and reinstall, since someone on the forums had said that had fixed this for them. Other information that might be relevant: It looks like Windows 10 installed its big update between the time I deployed the computer and the time office stopped working. Thanks for your feedback. How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Rohn MVP. How did you do the uninstall? Did you use the "Fix it" script? Uninstall from control panel leaves some files and registry entries to keep the configuration. In reply to Rohn's post on November 1, I did use the Fixit. I tried everything that I could find via a Google Search. That's why I needed to create a new thread, so there could be new answers.

Thanks for replying. In reply to City ManagerTangent's post on November 1, Sorry, usually an install after using the "fix it" is enough to fix any Office problem I've encountered. I found one other suggestion. This is a real shot in the dark. Start TaskManager using Run As admin.

If you find "RunTimeBroker. See if that fixes the problem. This error has been around for a while, here are a couple of "reasonable" suggestions I've seen for it: 1 this error is being caused by "left over" files from older versions of Office that had been on the computer. Another suggestion is a bad interaction with 3rd party anti-malware programs.

If you are running anything other than Windows Defender, try temporarily turning it off. Finally, try restaring your computer in Safe Mode to see if there is a bad interaction with some other program running in the background in Windows.

When you try to open an Office or Office application, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote or Access, one of the following errors may be displayed, depending on the installation type of Office.

Please try starting it again. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled. Microsoft Office will now exit. Contact your support personnel to verify that the windows Installer service is properly registered. The Windows Installer service does not start if you clear the Load system services check box in the System Configuration utility. To use the Windows Installer service when system services are not loaded, you must start the service manually.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. This site in other languages x.

   

 

- Download and install or reinstall Microsoft or Office on a PC or Mac



    Check to make sure your internet is working on the Mac you're trying to install on. You can do this by opening your internet browser and going to oft. Can't open pkg download because it says it is from an unidentified developer. I get an error message when I double-click on the pkg download.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autodesk revit content library 2015 free -

Download MS Office Offline Installer (ISO/IMG) - Windowstan - Post navigation